In these pics Ingrid wishes I would either feed her, let her sleep or at least just watch Bergman's "Scenes from a Marriage" and leave her alone. From the experience I learned that it is not worth continuing my netflix subscription during this period when I am primarily occupied as cow.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Ingrid Humors Her Mother
In these pics Ingrid wishes I would either feed her, let her sleep or at least just watch Bergman's "Scenes from a Marriage" and leave her alone. From the experience I learned that it is not worth continuing my netflix subscription during this period when I am primarily occupied as cow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ingrid disapproves of the icy Bergman film and would like to watch The Incredibles or A Bug's Life.
Seriously, rent some nature shows or tv shows like Weeds or Mad Men and enjoy a half-hour here and there.
A subscription to the Economist kept me in reading while at the stall.
Reading is the way the go, I think. The very charming First Ladies Detective Agency series kept me entertained in the middle of the night during that first week home, when she'd spend an hour dining. Doesn't require much brain power, but isn't idiotic. In the following weeks, I plowed through the rest of my pile of library books. I saved the Iris Murdoch for last, since usually she requires at least a couple brain cells for full enjoyment. Sadly the Sandcastle was not quite up to par with the rest of her work.
Other than that, The New Yorker, Harpers, Smithsonian, the Atlantic, Martha Stewart and Vogue keep my short attention span occupied. I feel like a twit though when I skip some articles in Harpers and the Atlantic because they are tooo long and boring.
I'll have to look for the First Ladies series and some Iris Murdoch. Went through a big Alice Munro phase last year but that can be a bit dark.
I liked The Economist for all the obscure short pieces--who knew there was economic friction between the Walloons and the Flemish?
We're working through our stacks while still without cable and deciding what to jettison--like The Ultimate Journey, about a Buddhist monk's overland journey in the 7th C. We've made major strides in improving Nate's room--now just need a dresser for him.
Post a Comment