Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Garden Tour (May 31)


















Ingrid and I went on a tour of gardens in our neighborhood. Ingrid was by far the youngest person there and by the end of the day many attendees were greeting her by name. She enjoyed sitting on other peoples patio furniture, waving to old ladies, tasting different types of mulch and looking at doggies. She did NOT like the smell of that rose. She was quite tired by the time we made it back to the stroller for the 20 minute walk to the last garden. Half way there she fell asleep, so I sat on a restaurant porch on Canyon Road and drank beer while Ingrid slept. The last house had an irrigation ditch that dates back to the 1680s cut into the rocky slope behind it. Of course Ingrid needed to get in there.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Good going on a big outing with the lass--I don't think I was ever able to stop the carriage without the young master awakening--I needed a drink holder for a beer in our stroller.
New footage (video) of Fairyland antics coming to Nate's blog!